AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The Most Hated Family in America
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

canadian farmer
Posted 10/7/2010 16:30 (#1387216)
Subject: The Most Hated Family in America

Given all this talk about the Supreme Court case involving the Westboro Baptist Church and the father of a dead soldier, I decided to do a little bit of research on the WBC to know what it's really about.  I found this excellent documentary titled "The Most Hated Family in America", produced by Louis Theroux of the BBC.  He spent 3 weeks in Topeka KS with WBC members, lived with them and attended their picketing "events", church service, etc.  

After watching the documentary, my conclusion are:

-They're all wacko.  Especially the older members (Fred Phelps and his kids).  

-The kids in the movement often have no clue of the meaning of what they are saying.  

-I can't understand how someone can be so full of hate against everybody, everything.  

-If the social services took the children in custody, they would have a chance of living a normal life, instead of being left with a bunch of wild crazy people.

-I was surprised to see that they have normal jobs (lawyers, nurses, etc.) and that kids go to normal public school and college.  But the kids say they only have acquaintances, no real friends, since they're all going to hell.

-I thought watching this documentary would make me angry at these people.  In the end, yes I was angry; however I didn't expect to have pity for the kids.  Those poor kids live isolated from the rest of society and are indoctrinated in a cult that makes no sense and that is based on wild interpretations of the scriptures by a crazy old fart. 

You can watch the first part of the documentary here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOrz5k0jWdU

There's 8 parts total, but only 7 are on youtube.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)