AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cat. IV to Cat. V Hitch
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

bakerna4
Posted 6/13/2013 19:33 (#3154046)
Subject: Cat. IV to Cat. V Hitch

Waldron, MI
Ok NAT I need some help. We have a 4212-15 shank Sunflower chisel. We got it in 2004 when we bought a 9300. Turns out the 9300 didn't have enough power to pull it so we took 2 shanks off and used it as a 13 shank which worked ok but could only pull it about 4.5 mph. Well we just traded tractors to a 9510R and are going to put the 2 shanks back on and hopefully be able to pull it 5.5-6 mph. Here's my problem, the drawbar on the 9300 had a 2" pin (Cat. IV) and the 9510R has a 2 3/4" pin (Cat. V). So I need a bigger tongue for the chisel. Easy right, go to the dealer and get one, wrong. I've been to two dealers that carry Sunflower and they don't have a bigger tongue in the parts diagram so apparently they can't get one. I have a hard time believing there isn't a Cat. V tongue that would fit this though. I know I can get a kit to shim the drawbar down to the smaller pin on the tractor but that's a last resort. I would much rather upsize the implement than downsize the tractor. The two holes are 4" apart and it's 4" wide. There are holes every 2" on the "C" channel it bolts into. The bolts are 1 5/16". Anybody know where I could find this or have a part number I could get? Any other suggestions? Basically I need the part in the first picture with a bigger hole in it. Thanks.

(Chisel 2.jpg)

(Chisel 1.jpg)

(Chisel 3.jpg)

(Hitch.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Chisel 2.jpg (53KB - 576 downloads)
Attachments Chisel 1.jpg (59KB - 558 downloads)
Attachments Chisel 3.jpg (39KB - 549 downloads)
Attachments Hitch.jpg (68KB - 515 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)