AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Major Appliances & Lowe's, Menard's etc.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Jeff
Posted 10/22/2012 11:40 (#2654516)
Subject: Major Appliances & Lowe's, Menard's etc.

Centralia, MO
Has anyone made any of their major appliance purchases at the "chain" stores such as Lowe's, Menard's or even Home Depot? We've always stayed with a local appliance store or two just for the service and keeping the money circulating on a more local basis. I see the "chain" stores handling brands like Samsumg or LG as well as some of the more common names like Whirlpool or GE. Actually a clerk at a Lowe's store gave the Samsung brand many kudos over the more traditional ones. It's time for some upgrades and I would like to read your thoughts and ideas.

We currently have Jenn Air stove (electric) and Jenn Air refrigerator. The Jenn Air ice maker has been nothing but a pain in the whazoo(sp?) since we've had it but other than that, no complaints. We intend to go with a gas stove this time, just because I have never cared for the idea of electric but that's what the wife wanted at the time. I think you can do a more controlled job of cooking with gas.

I guess one of my concerns is quality of the product. Is there such a thing as "seconds" and just who gets them? Do they cut corners on the items going to the chain stores so they can sell volume?

TIA
Jeff

Edited by Jeff 10/22/2012 12:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)