AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone here run planters on Bauer Bars??? Jim you may want to jump in here as well......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Chad H
Posted 5/6/2006 23:36 (#10399)
Subject: Anyone here run planters on Bauer Bars??? Jim you may want to jump in here as well......

NE SD
We've been having a hell of a time getting the planter to go in the ground with out running absurdly amounts of downpressure. I know Jim posted earlier in the year how a particular individual not far from here with the same planters was running 300lbs of downpressure. We've found that in no-till conditions, we have to run 300lbs or so to get the planter in the ground, and 200lbs or so in stubble we've used the Super Coulter on. I know some thought the answer was to hang weights on the outer end, and that might have to be done yet before we get into hour gumbo type soils planting beans, but this isn't just a problem on the end, it's a problem in the center too............the whole planter. I haven't taken a tape measure to the bar yet, but I'm going to guess that when I do tomorrow, it's going to be at about 23-25" from the planting depth........or basically too high.

From what I've always been told, the parallel links on planters are supposed to run level with the ground. In order for us to ge the units in the ground and get the gauge wheels up to the stops, we have to run this high pressure and the links are running nowhere near level. Has anyone seen anything like this? There are no adjustments on the wheel weldments to raise or lower the planter any. Planter tech guy at the dealership says that all the DB planters they have out have been this way, even the 30" machines.

(P4210019.JPG)

(P4210013.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments P4210019.JPG (121KB - 396 downloads)
Attachments P4210013.JPG (100KB - 379 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)