AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What would you have done?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

JohnKS
Posted 12/2/2010 11:23 (#1464777)
Subject: What would you have done?

Kansas
The thread below about Theives reminded me of something that happened about 5-6 years ago and has always bugged me.

I was still living at home and I came home from town one evening and folks were talking to this lady in the yard, she was rather upset and what I got was she was from Topeka or Lawrence and she had been robbed while in Salina (think she said someone stole her purse or took stuff out of her purse) and she didn't have any money and needed to get back east. Folks gave her some gas and $50 and sent her on her way, lady said the usual of she'd pay it back next time she came back this way, and never seen her again. There are two things that made me wonder; one was the obvious question of whether this lady was for real or just conning my folks, and second, as I got off interstate there was a guy in a car just sitting on the exit ramp, I didn't think of it til a few days later (isn't that always the case?) but maybe they were a double act. My folks always had the philosophy that it's better just to get people on their way (and my dad was always terrible about trusting everybody no matter what). If there was a way to do over (or if it happens again) I would have called Sheriff (without the lady noticing) and had someone come out, and if I seen a car up at the exit, I'd tell them that too. If she really had been robbed the deputy could have verrified it with the Salina PD (she said she reported it to them), and if not, a con artist would have been in the pokey. So what would you do in this situation?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)