AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Homeowner irrigation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

stevr13
Posted 9/21/2024 19:28 (#10899375)
Subject: Homeowner irrigation

Northeast Iowa
I'm establishing my new lawn. My gripe is that I spent a lot of money on a decent well with a a VFD controller. My water inlet from the (residential) pump is big, maybe 1.5 inch, could be 2 inch even. From that, the plumber reduces the pumps output to 1 inch supply in the basement.

From that, we are reduced to 1/2 pex that goes to my exterior spigots.

I maintain 80psi, and while running both spigots wide open, it drops to 78 psi, worst I've seen is 76 maybe while someone also flushes a toilet.

I called the plumber to upgrade my main outside spigot to 3/4 inch with 3/4 supply instead of the half inch pex. No problem, but he says on the phone it might not solve my problem.

The problem is I wanted to chain multiple sprinklers together. I can run 2 at a time successfully. The sprinklers are the the cheap spinny type on a spike. They do not list a GPM requirement, but without enough volume and pressure they will not work. I have full flow valves beyond the 1/2 inch spigot.

My hoses are still standard 5/8. Distance of the hose runs appears negligible, no drop in performance whether I'm close or as far out as I need to be from the spigot.

As I sit here watering my lawn awaiting my new spigot and supply volume, will I be disappointed in the new setup?

I'd be extatic to chain 5 sprinklers together.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)