AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farming could change in New York on Monday
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

usafarmer
Posted 5/31/2009 10:56 (#728208)
Subject: Farming could change in New York on Monday

Newfane NY
Monday at 11:30 AM there will be a vote on S-5212. It makes overtime manditory for anything over 8 hours in a day and 40 hours per week. Gives the workers manditory arbitration and collective bargining rites {unions} Gives them the rite to strike without reguard to harvest time or milking the cows.

If this passes I will be out of the cabbage growing. I will not invest the $2,000,000 it takes to grow when I am told I must pay overtime and my workers union can call a strike on me at any time they desire. It will put 30 full time workers and 60 part time workers out of a job. Of those about 60 are US citizens and the rest from Jamacia. Not to mention the lose to New York from the taxes I and they pay. Some of these workers have been with us for 10, 20 and over 30 years. I have gone thru births and deaths with them and I am upset that Albany may do this.

I am told this has a good chance of passing as it is fully backed by Gov. Patterson.

At one time I thought our wacko friend JDGreenWKY was crazy but I am starting to agree with him more and more. It is really making me upset and mad.

John
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)