AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2x2x6 concrete block ideas
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

mikado
Posted 3/11/2012 15:04 (#2281136)
Subject: 2x2x6 concrete block ideas

SW WI
Last year I got a bunch of these and used them for retaining wall stuff. Built a incline ramp and pad for loading the tmr and also a cement ramp for cattle to get into the old dairy barn. This year I was thinking about using them to seperate bays in a commodity shed. These weigh about a ton a piece and I would be stacking them 3 high (6 ft). So how thick of a floor should I have under them in the commodity shed? I would pour the flat floor first and set these on it later. I suppose I could make the area where I will stack them thicker and just go with 4 or 5 inches for most of the floor. For last years projects those were just set of a compacted gravel base. They did settle a little out of vertical, so I want level cement under this new project. Going 6 ft high gives me a cost of $30/ft. I checked into a cement company to pour the walls but they would be at $45/ft. Thats for a 8" thick wall. The down side of the big blocks is they are 2 ft thick so I do have some wasted space.
I have the same questions on using these blocks to seperate pens in a cattle barn. I am planning on putting up some type of barn similar to garvo's but need a couple of pens. Same thing, concrete firm would build 4 ft. high 8" thick walls to seperate pens but at $45/ lin ft. So why not just use these blocks to seperate pens? How thick of concrete underneath? Giving up some pen space since they are 2 ft. thick. Anyone think why this wouldn't work?
I wanted to post my pics of the projects I did last year, but my phone is giving me problems. No pics make for a dull post.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)