AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

steiger tractors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

855power
Posted 12/31/2009 08:43 (#994741 - in reply to #994700)
Subject: Re: steiger tractors

Had one (st270) that used to jump out of gear also. Actually, not too bad to work on. For mine, less than $1000 in parts had me going again, did the work myself. Biggest problem I had with them is the dang things would not come OUT of gear if you didn't get it popped out while still rolling. Then you would have to shut tractor off, get out of gear, and restart. Had 3 of the st 3's that did that, and was aggravating at times. Dad purt near killed the neighbor because of that. Neighbor wanted to ask a question, dad stops at the end of the field, and can't get out of gear, so just holds clutch in while talking to neighbor. Right when neighbor steps off tractor, the master cylinder for the clutch failed, and tractor takes off. Tires and field cultivator came within inches of running him over. Gives me shivers thinking about it. Love the direct linkage the Versy's have, and the way the tranny shifts. At least I can get it out of gear, and easily too! Only problem is I sometimes get it into 2 gears at once, and locks it up.

Edited by 855power 12/31/2009 08:52
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)