AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Best Auto Steer system?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

sodbuster35
Posted 12/30/2009 14:07 (#993573 - in reply to #993536)
Subject: Re: Best Auto Steer system?

WC Illinois/SE Iowa
The guys I help got a Trimble 1000 system this fall on their 305. We chiseled with it and they ultimately got it to strip till N. In time they want to use it to plant as well. That is why they went with this system. It would run their Kinze planter. Right off we liked it. That's about as far as it went. In the first two weeks of using it, we replaced the monitor four (yep four) times. The touch screen would just stop working. Even happened to me as I was in the middle of the field not turning or anything. It lost signal, started screaching and that was it, done. The tech guy that came out to replace it told us (on monitor number three) that they had been having a lot of trouble with Trimble's touch screens. No s#%t we told him. He said Trimble had admitted to a bad batch of screens from their supplier and figured one in ten would go bad. Well we went four for four. 100%. We ended up switching to CIH 600 series monitor (same as in combine). Won't plug and play with Kinze planter, but they figured they would cross that bridge when they get there.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)