AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Damage Done
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Boomer
Posted 12/30/2009 13:11 (#993512)
Subject: Damage Done

A couple days ago I posted about the chaffer and seive getting tore up on my ol 7720. Well I tore out all the broken parts and looks like there was more damage then I first thought. Besides the chaffer comming loose and dropping down on top of the seive and terring that all to heck I also noticed that the shakker arms on one side was broke, (maybe the cause) and the other side was bent. Parts of the chaffer ended up in the fan housing bending a couple of the paddles, some of the bigger parts ended up going the return route bending a couple of the flights on that auger and putting a hole (tare) in the elevator housing, then last I still have one peice that is still wedged in the clean grain housing. Now my question for you guys is "Where did this damage start? I dont know if the shakker arm on the right side broke first causing the chaffer to shake and vibrate or the chaffer started to come apart first and bound up and broke the arm and other parts..... All the rubber bushings looked good and I didnt notice any unusal vibrations prior to when it all happend. Loud bang then before getting the machine shut down all the noise from metal against metal is all I heard... Any thoughts

Boomer

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)