AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CIH 8120 combine owners..what do you think?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Cornking
Posted 12/29/2009 22:25 (#992756 - in reply to #992619)
Subject: Re: CIH 8120 combine owners..what do you think?

Sharon, ND
Have run an 06 8010 and traded for a 8120 last year. as for power I think that the 06 had more power ie. it was able to power through when the power moniter went to 105% and the 8120 would just die out. We were harvesting wheat that was running in the mid 90's this year and if it was good conditions we here running 3.5 to 4.5 mph and not overloading the cleaning system. Another bad thing was the air filter would be plugged every day. I found out that there maybe a bad seal in the rotary screen. Another con was this fall the engine temp would never warm up. Dealer put a new thermostat and solved it. Good things. Spring loaded feeder house adjustment ( just keep the spring tight) Auto Guidence. a must have with a 40' header I set it on 39.5 feet and it was right on all the time. Rear access lader is alot better than having the on that comes down on the side and hits ya in the head ( happend a few times). HID ligts are nice for night work. It was mainly a buch of little things nothing really to piss a guy off other than the grain saver door ( took it off) it is a hungry maching and as far as sample in wheat I dont feel that you could get any better... any other questions just ask
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)