AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Former Deere Dealer Switches Brands!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

1923Gleaner
Posted 12/29/2009 17:26 (#992132 - in reply to #991840)
Subject: RE: Former Deere Dealer Switches Brands!

I would think the public should baulk at this idea. JD is doing that here too. Only two dealers in south central Kansas but probably 12 locations. so when your trying to trade only need to make 2 stops to get a bid. I'd rather have all the locations independent dealers. I try whenever possible to only deal with an independent dealer. This Walmart style of implement dealership is a bad idea for farmers. Only way to change it is do as little business as you can with them.

Will be interesting to hear the sales pitch from the former JD people. refer to overpriced green paint, hard to work on ect.

I remember when I bought my 2001 Versatile ( New Holland) the next year the New Holland was just a repainted stieger. Same salesman trying to sell me one pointing out my outboard planateries as bad things. The year before the were simple and cost effective!! I told him if I wanted a Stieger I'd have bought one last year. Sure glad the Versatile is still the same basic machine as always.

Back to the JD dealer turned Agco, I wish him well and think he has made a good change. He has alot better product to sell now and much easier to work on.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)