AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fun snow machinery
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

davpal
Posted 12/27/2009 21:45 (#989241 - in reply to #988794)
Subject: RE: Fun snow machinery

Mid Michigan
There's a lot you can do to that Kawasaki 440 to make it rip pretty good. Gearing it down a tooth or so would help a bit. You can change clutch weights and use a notched weight to get your engagement rpm's up a bit or maybe try a few different spring calibrations. That sled comes with a Comet clutch and they have lots of weights and springs for them. The JD engine had lower compression heads for mpg. You can put on a set of milled down Kawasaki Invader heads and pick up about 4 hp just doing that. Your sled is rated at about 62 hp. The invader heads will give you 66. Port out the cylinders to aaen specs with a set of aaen pipes with a set of flatslide carbs will give you about another 20 hp. Run the flatslides with a set of K&N filters. You can buy aaen pipes pretty regularly on Ebay for under $100 for the pair. I've seen a lot of them on there. Get some studs in the track will help a lot. You can buy flatslide carbs all day on Ebay for less than $80 bucks a pair. Arctic cat used them on their sno pro sleds so there are dozens of sets on there every year. I would use 34 mm Cat sno pro carbs. It should pick up a ton of throttle response with them. The aaen pipes are very light too. I have a couple of Kawasaki Interceptors and one of them has the AAEN pipes and I use bored out 36 mm Mikuni's on it. Ported with milled head. It really rocks in a drag race. I get them out a couple of times a year and run them out. Had them at the A-1 show over in New Lothrup this year. There is a JD snowmobile web site that has everything you could ever want to know on there. Also Vintage Sleds.com. Good luck. Nice sled.

(kaws (584 x 438).jpg)

(kawsrear (584 x 438).jpg)

(AEEN pipes (600 x 405).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments kaws (584 x 438).jpg (74KB - 190 downloads)
Attachments kawsrear (584 x 438).jpg (73KB - 187 downloads)
Attachments AEEN pipes (600 x 405).jpg (78KB - 187 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)