AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Climate Smart Commodities?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

neo_ag
Posted 7/28/2022 23:46 (#9770879 - in reply to #9770433)
Subject: RE: Climate Smart Commodities?

northeast ohio
Not sure how you came up with that’s statement. IMO this program does have an opportunity to scale practices which consumers are willing to kick in through purchasing to support reconnection of ecosystem services. Have personally been a part of a team that helped supply chains in the dairy sector align with goals / protocol of a major food outlet. Producers receive a premium (probably not enough) for practices that they were more than willing to implement. The company is able to back up that portion of their marketing campaigns. Personally, I would like to see direct bonus or even stock options in the end retail or food service companies to reduce the mark up in the middle. I say this because, when the relationship that I am familiar with started in ‘08 or ‘09 the corp partners stock was $65 today it’s over $1500 a share (may have even split, but I don’t think so).

What made a difference in the scenario above was a consultant who was willing and able to hold corporate management accountable. PCSC is attempting to identify mechanisms that do this across all parties.

Edited by neo_ag 7/28/2022 23:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)