AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Whats your electricity rate?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

John SD
Posted 12/15/2009 23:32 (#968891 - in reply to #968544)
Subject: Steven, while that is true.....

The $12 minimum charge is on a well I had dug in the '90s and the service was installed at that time. The transformer and meter loop are mounted on an already existing pole on the line that comes to my house. The coop used to go 500 feet for no charge. Now they made me go that distance from the well with my own underground wiring to their pole. Otherwise I don't know what the cost is but to go very far with a new range well service is cost prohibitive. Both my house and range well meter are read automatically from the coop.

The other range wells (semi-annual reading/annual prepayment and billing)and building site service ($11 min/monthly meter reading) I have are in an area with a couple vacant places where no one has lived for 40 yrs. My newest range well service there is about 40 yrs old and is the last service on the coop's line. That coop has added a couple more range services in the last 10 yrs for a couple neighbors. At that time, their wells were within what that coop would go for a minimum charge. Seems like they would go 1000 ft.

I realize range wells are not a paying proposition for the coops. The coop manager mentioned that when we had a regional coop meeting a few weeks ago at J-1. Many of the poles in the line are original. Single phase lines are pretty tough and there has never been much storm damage to these that I recall.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)