AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking to the Agronomists here...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Carl In Georgia
Posted 12/14/2009 20:47 (#966596 - in reply to #966092)
Subject: RE: Looking to the Agronomists here...

Ashburn, GA, (very close to Heaven!)

I scouted all the way through college while getting a business degree, then went to work in ag retail out of college. I loved every minute of it.

Scouting with a consultant is very valuable. He may welcome a man like you. He may have a non-compete contract, so keep that in mind. 

I like the idea of working with a retailer as well. Perhaps you could do that in the spring on a part time basis when they are busy, and a consultant full time during the summer.

Don't overlook the technology end of consulting. Getting savvy in various areas of precision ag will also supplement agronomic knowledge to make you more valuable.

I scouted in college for 4 summers, worked retail for 11 years, seed for 5 years, consulted for 12 years, and now work as an Agronomist for Helena, and plan to get in another 15 to 20 years in this field. It is truly rewarding, fulfilling work. When I look, see, identify, and qualify production situations, report on them, with recommendations, and see the farmer nod his head then do what I say and see it WORK, it is a good feeling.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)