AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

small scale trains?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

schwinnj
Posted 12/13/2009 22:33 (#965160 - in reply to #964789)
Subject: RE: small scale trains?

Northwest Ohio
I had an HO scale when I was a kid ... 4x8, with a 4x4 on one side (L-shaped). Got packed up when I went to college ... I hope to get it back out someday when my nephews get old enough for it.

I remember the most frustrating thing, was keeping the track clean. Without a clean track for smooth operation, not nearly as much fun (jerky and jumpy). I was thinking about it a couple years ago ... all that time I was spending cleaning the track which seemed to help only marginally ... what I never tried was cleaning the wheels on the engine to ensure good contact.....

My uncle worked on the railroad for years ... I remember going to his house when I was a kid. He had an upstairs bedroom where there was enough room to walk into the room, and the rest of it was a train layout. No scenery, no level changes ... no nothing except plywood, as much track as could be fit on the plywood, and as many cars as could fit onto the track.

I'd like to try it again since they now have DCC control ... no more switching track sections on and off in blocks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)