AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need opinions on 25 to 35 hp Compact tractors please...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

RickB
Posted 12/13/2009 19:10 (#964727 - in reply to #964690)
Subject: RE: Need opinions on 25 to 35 hp Compact tractors please...

Lincoln County. NC
radman1 - 12/13/2009 18:50

I have had 3 Kubota compacts (2 7100's, 3710), a Case-ih DX29 (clones for NH) and 2 different JD compacts (3720 and 4520). All were good to excellent and still have the 4520. The case-ih probably had the most issues with fogging dash, fogging rear lights, bad sender on fuel gage, ruptured HST line and few other problems. Case-Ih is far from being the cadillac of compacts and hasn't had any significant change in 9-10 years. I would go with either Kubota or JD. Kubota is number one in sales but dealer support and availability is important. The case-ih and Kubota use a treadle design and JD uses twin pedals. The twin pedals IMHO is the quickest and easiest to use. The Kubotas maybe the most reliable but the recent JD's have been very good.

The older JD x55 series were a great compact tractor. Rank right there with the best Kubotas. Both were/are produced in Japan. JD's early venture with building their own (4200,4300, 4400, etc) were not the best units. The newer 2x20, 3x20 and 4x20 series have the issues worked out.

New Holland offers two pedal hydrostatic controls in deluxe units over 34 hp. And they now offer a CVT transmission in a compact tractor. I would call that a significant change. NH compacts are FAR more serviceable than Kubota, and somewhat moreso then Deere. I can service all the fluids in a NH compact with two wrenches. When I service a Kubota, I have half the toolbox out before I am done.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)