AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Twin Row Planter poll
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Fla Veggie Farmer
Posted 12/13/2009 18:25 (#964636 - in reply to #964489)
Subject: RE: Twin Row Planter poll

Southeast Florida
I've tinkered with it. It's just like growing vegetables on tighter plant spacing’s, the nutritional and water needs are increased with the plant population. A lot of people over look that aspect of the growing process. I meet Kip Cullers through a past job in Hawaii; that’s where he said everybody goes wrong with tight spacing’s. It also requires a different type of sprayer like vegetable growers use to penetrate the canopies that is produced from twin row. I did some twin row beans and corn on drip and had tremendous yields. The irrigation was next to my watermelons and cantaloupe fields. I had auto startup and shut down when the soil moister went below the desired moister content. The irrigation system was pulse irrigation and would hit the fields sometime 5, 2 hour cycles in a 24 hour time period. 3 cycles were very common and it always turned on in the afternoon between 1-4 pm. Another thing with soy beans is to achieve high yields the supplement of N on the start and another supplement during set. The plant is drawing so much energy during those time periods that it doesn’t produce enough N to sustain the production of beans and foliage.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)