AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Suggestions for securing equipment multiple times per day to trailer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Larry_minn
Posted 4/17/2022 15:21 (#9618023 - in reply to #9617145)
Subject: RE: Suggestions for securing equipment multiple times per day to trailer

Mitchco - 4/18/2022 05:38

Every tie down must be adjustable, so eliminating 2 would not be legal.

The best thing I've come up with is have chains that are not to long, and not to short. A convenient hook point on the machine reachable from the ground if possible. A slip hook on the machine end of the chain and leave the chain and binder on the trailer when unloaded without unhooking anything but the slip hook. This requires getting the machine in the same place every time. I keep my screw binders plenty juicy so they turn easy. I can put on or take off 4 chains in 2-4 minutes.

Our drag drivers at work move as many as 20 different pieces a day and some machines take 12 big chains. They know all the ins and outs about tying down equipment and are pretty quick about it.

Mitchco

DOT guys all decide for themselves. @12 years ago JD dealership group had yearly joint open house, donuts/cookies, coffee, milk demonstrations, experts, service deals…. They had 2 20+ year DOT guys to educate us dumb farmers. The two DOT guys darn near got to fighting with each other. “That’s legal!…I write fines if I see that”. We really thought we would see a fight.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)