AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

combine prices...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 12/10/2009 21:57 (#959916 - in reply to #959544)
Subject: Re: combine prices...

Brazilton KS

What year was the machine you had? I have been led to believe that the later machines are much improved over the '03s in particular.

I visited with the owner of a 2004 machine the other day, and he walked me around it pointing out every point where they had experienced some sort of problem.  When I got home, I literally called him to ask where some of the problems were, because I could not find the spot we had talked about.  Talking while standing beside our machine eventually proved that most of the problem areas had been changed and did not exist on ours.  This is encouraging, at least. You are the first I have heard talking it down who actually owned one.  I've heard lots of anecdotal stories but not first hand....the other owners I have talked to all seemed happy with the machines.  Who to believe, i guess, is the question.

If it won't run more then 2000 bu per hour I am going to be quite disappointed.  We do that with the 9600s.   I've been told 660's and 8760xp's will easily out pick a 9600 by a large margin at the moisture we pick. Again, who to believe.  I guess ask me in a year and I'll have an opinion.  As I have said before, as long as it will stay in the field I don't see how we can go wrong.  If it's a lemon, that will not be so good.  Considering the issues I have heard of, I am reasonably confident in our ability to simply correct them should they arise.   For the money I'm not going to be too upset about redesigning a part or two. 

The threshing area on the 670 is greater then the 9760.  Separation area is slightly less, but the total of the two is not....and threshing area is actually also separation area in a rotary.

Time will tell.   If you have anything in particular in the way of pointers or concerns to warn of, my email is good and I'll be glad to hear them.   

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)