AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New House Machinery-Moisture
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 12/10/2009 18:18 (#959502 - in reply to #958905)
Subject: RE: EDIT - New House Machinery-Moisture

central - east central Minnesota -

If you qualify for off peak electric rate, consider a electric boiler - very fast and so far working well. I'd get heat in the floor - or maybe a temp propane heater second . .. . Electro Industries in Monticello Mn makes a very good unit.

We fired up the floor heat yesterday afternoon on the basement and garage and set the thermestat for the garage to 45 and I pulled the skidsteer in there overnight, and there was no water on the floor this morning from snow melt off. Today I was cleaning house and garage of construction debrie and the garage door is open a lot and more snow on the skidsteer and it was melting and evaporating about the same rate of speed - no puddles on the floor.

As far as condensation, The kids have very little moisture in the house/windows (considering, since it was built during the rainy spell this fall, and the lumber and floor decking were soaked several times before roof). But we did set up a temp furnace for insulation and sheetrocking, that helped dry it out a bunch. I noticed a bit of moisture build up on the service walk door glass, but that was all - so far . . .

Oh, and run that air exchanger, it'll dry the house out to dust if you don't watch it . . ..  (it will take a while though)

Enjoy your new place !

Edited by iseedit 12/10/2009 18:25
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)