AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

combine prices...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 12/10/2009 01:18 (#958570 - in reply to #958539)
Subject: RE: combine prices...

Brazilton KS

I'll measure the cabs for you next time I see both machines.  The Deere's are all spread around fields, so it might not be tomorrow.  There is no place to put a yield monitor in a 9600 that it's not going to hit your head if you go in the wrong way, the cab is just not wide enough. I've never seen one like you claim to have "in the pillar."  Ours are mounted to the mounting lugs that are welded into the cab post to mount them on, there's not really any place else to put it. 

I don't know why you think I have to copy all the specs of common combines for you when they are easily obtainable on the web and I already told you how they related.  You are basically saying that I am lying to you, or else that I do not know what I'm talking about.  I would think you would know better then to think either of those would be true.  

Per respective mfg's publications:

Threshing area on 9760 is 11.84 ft2 vs 2205 in2 on the 670

Separation area on 9760 is 2945 in2 vs 2241 in2 on the 670

Cleaning area on 9760 is 7053 in2 vs 8296 in2 on the 670

Hp on 9760 is 340 vs 350 on 670

window area in cabs: 9760 <52 ft2 vs 62 ft2 on 670.  Looking at both cabs shows that they basically have glass in all the same areas, so in absence of a cab area figure for the Deere, it's hard to imagine how it could be other then smaller given the much lower glass surface area.

60 series brochure

Challenger brochure

In other words, one may be good and the other may be bad, but they are pretty much the same size machine.  

My original point was that there are much less expensive options then a quarter mill to get a combine like you said that Jon did not have.  I'm not really understanding why you find that to be such a contentious point when it basically agrees with your contention that it's hard to justify that kind of coin, but you have elected to argue with about every thing I said without having any substance to your argument. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)