AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Geringhoft vs Drago
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

cbSCNE
Posted 12/9/2009 20:50 (#958073 - in reply to #957766)
Subject: RE: Proper setup?

South central, Nebraska
I'm looking for any ideas that will help. I appreciate your effort.

Speed will vary quite a bit depending on yield, moisture, delivery time for trucks, ect.

Wet stalks aren't a problem. Heck, it works best when its fogy or misting...LOL

This head is 8 row 36" on a 2388 with field tracker. I was told they had GVL make the first wide row dividers and snoots for this head. So, this may be one of the earlier wide row heads in the USA or the previous ones were metal?

If grain delivery isn't a problem and the corn is below 19%, I like to run the combine at around 3000 to 3100 BPH on the monitor. This year was above normal yields and moisture so there was a lot of harvest at 4.5 MPH and lower. In more normal years with 190 to 200 BPA dryer corn, it is not uncommon to run 5 to 5.5 MPH. The dry stock will boil in the middle of the head at these speeds.

My previous 1680/1084 would handle those capacities into much dry conditions quite well.

I have finally worked through many of the wear and quality issues with this combine but have yet to win the battle with the feeding problem of the corn head/combine.

I really like what I can do in soybeans. With the extra power and the AFX, it does a great job. I have never been able to use all the power in corn, especially when I run into the feeding problem.

Keep throwing ideas at me, I have to be missing something in the setup if they are working for other people.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)