AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

combine prices...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 12/9/2009 19:30 (#957909 - in reply to #956772)
Subject: RE: combine prices...

Brazilton KS

I probably better not directly answer that, but I'll say significantly less then half of what the numbers are above for the same size green machine. There have been several similar machines auctioned in the last few months and we paid about what they have been selling for, although of course, in my opinion, we chose the best equipped, lowest houred, latest model machine for the price. 

Keep in mind, every combine we have ever owned prior to this one was green.  The last time we were in the market, the conventional Deeres were the redheaded stepchildren of the combine world, selling for half to two thirds of what a similar age, hours, and size CIH would bring.... and conventional Deeres are  what we bought.  Now, those machines seem to be worth almost the same money as when we bought them, and the CIH's which were selling higher then are worth much less.  I can't really explain that, either, but I'll take it!  Today, you can easily pay twice as much for any other brand then what you can buy the AGCO for, and it seems that you can pay maybe 20% more if you insist on getting the AGCO machine in a different color.  

I just hope that the machine turns out good.  Don't need a lemon, but there's always that chance.  Seems that this particular machine either has very satisfied or very unsatisfied owners.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)