AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

combine prices...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jon
Posted 12/9/2009 08:48 (#956909 - in reply to #956740)
Subject: RE: combine prices...

Callao Missouri
Lets be real Jon

You don't have the capacity the 9760 does.
You don't have the creature comforts that 9760 does
You can't harvest at the speed that 9760 does
You made mid season repairs. Most times a new machine there is none. (after some post readings i stress the word most......not all)

While I agree with you, 200 thou plus is plum ridiculous to spend on a new machine apparently the fellars buying these hounds must feel it fits thier operation just fine.

If it was agreed far and wide it was foolish, noone would be buying these machines. Apparently someone out there is writing the check whether its to lease or own.

Rich

Maybe foolish was not the right word to use up there but it certainly is a foolish move for me to spend $200k on a new combine.
I am 25 years old I can handle a seat that doesn't have a but warmer. My grandfather ran a combine for years without a cab surly to goodness I can run one with a cab. Yes I even spent a day without ac until I figured out you could wiggle the thermostat switch nob just right and it would work. Something to fix for next year but absolutely no down time. My combine may not have the speed a new one does but I can still overflow the trucks in corn, and I did 90 acres of soybeans in a day twice this fall. If you do the math it comes out between 4 and 5 acres an hour, that includes moving the combine up and down the road, driving it home 70 miles, and running during preseason overhaul. My average for soybeans wound up being one side or the other of 8 acres an hour in the field. Yes a new one could run circles around me but why just to have to wait on the end for trucks?
The mid season repairs just makes me chuckle, three hydraulic hoses what did you have to do to your 9600 this fall? Lastly because of my hard work, the fact that I did not spend 200K and some good luck when I get all my work collected for that 1680 will have allowed me to meet my financial obligations plus put me on a very good start for the down payment on a piece of land I have been eyeballing. Now if I would have spent the 200K on a newer machine I would only be able to barely meet my obligations and have nothing left for land. Jon
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)