AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dingaling any success with 3300 hyd pump ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Dingaling
Posted 12/8/2009 21:33 (#956367 - in reply to #956244)
Subject: RE: Dingaling any success with 3300 hyd pump ?

Owings, Maryland 38.6856 N 76.6752 W
Have been meaning to get back with an update, intended to have full photo coverage as well. Friend was tied up and didn't get the "special tool" cut, First afternoon I slipped down to the combine and pulled out a 5/8" SK wrench which is considerably longer than your average wrench, also withdrew a 2 lb. ballpeen. Climbed the ladder and said a few "under the seat" prayers, I placed the wrench on the pump shaft flats, turned the shaft to achieve the proper positioning.........

As the moment of truth approaches, lots of thoughts runnin through the old head, mainly how I was going to convince that friend to cut that "special tool" tomorrow !!!!!! I said to myself,, lets get started, heck it is about 10 minutes away from dark thirty, i'll see what happens with a couple of whacks from this hammer...... I raise the hammer, check my aim and security of the wrench and I swing, said "what", I set the hammer down in the limited space to check the wrench, you won't believe this part,,,,,, the shaft is loose !!!!!!!!! Very,,, very hard for me to believe.

I go ahead and unhook the 2 remaining hoses and the torque bracket, wrap up the tools, head back to the shed for some working space with light. Strap that pump down in the vise, fit a deepwell socket on the stuck o-ring fitting, finally ended up removing the fitting without wreaking havoc to the rest of the pump, the stuck fitting was just so tight that I could not loosen it or even access it in the combine.

Got a hose made the following day, 26 dollars, good price and I consider that a bargain in these parts. That afternoon I got everything back together, added a couple of gallons of oil and we seem to be back in business. Haven't had the opportunity to shell any corn since due to the weather, the ground was wet and soft when the hose burst, and we have had two rains and a snow of about 2" since. Right now outside we just started another rain which is projected to be 2" over a two day period. It's tuff this season but in my case my well being isn't depending on the outcome of this harvest. Part time operation but still like to be all I can be and do a quality job.......

I'll resize a couple of pics, kinda forgot about taking pics after the first half hour but do have one of the blown hose, end blew right of the fitting, I cobbed it together with three hose clamps so I could get it out of the field............

(PUMP 001.jpg)

(PUMP 002.jpg)

(PUMP 003.jpg)

(PUMP 005.JPG)

(DSC01602.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments PUMP 001.jpg (48KB - 56 downloads)
Attachments PUMP 002.jpg (45KB - 62 downloads)
Attachments PUMP 003.jpg (49KB - 56 downloads)
Attachments PUMP 005.JPG (93KB - 48 downloads)
Attachments DSC01602.JPG (74KB - 50 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)