AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kubota M7-151 and M7-172 tractors any good?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Lauritsenag
Posted 12/27/2021 18:18 (#9401656 - in reply to #9401580)
Subject: RE: Kubota M7-151 and M7-172 tractors any good?

I have an M7-171 Premium KVT. Main use is planter and baler and pulling a vertical beater spreader. Almost 900 hours, had one hydraulic switch replaced under warranty (lost the float function) The 2nd series did improve the air flow in the cab and maybe a different seat? The monitor is VERY easy to use, cab is comfortable and very quiet. I haul manure from a big feedlot 7 miles away and it will run 35MPH on the road (according to the gps on my AgLeader monitor). The headland management is easy to set up, works fantastic. My biggest complaint with the KVT is the manual is kinda useless as far as setting it up. Play with the settings and it will perform. I would probably recommend the powershift if it will be used primarly for tillage though. On my Kinze planter I program the headland management to raise the markers, then the planter, reverse when lowering the planter, set the cruise control at 5mph. So basically you have 3 buttons to control the planter and tractor. There were several recalls on the first series which Kubota took care of on the second series. Another poster stated his doors flexed to much leaking alot of dust in the cab. Mine did the same, I discovered the door latches were not adjusted to hit the second catch. Problem solved. My other tractors are all New Hollands. I really wanted a T7-215 (comparable horsepower and weight etc), but it was a basic powershift. The Kubota dealer was very aggressive, got the fully optioned M7 for $45K less and 0% financing so I took a chance. Glad I did!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)