AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

any advice for mixed households? (pc and mac)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

McCartman
Posted 11/25/2009 00:03 (#937312 - in reply to #937204)
Subject: Re: any advice for mixed households? (pc and mac)

torn - 11/24/2009 22:00  "It's easier and more user-friendly" - that is the most common claim I hear from Mac users, but I have never seen any side-by-side comparison that gives concrete evidence to support this claim. Not trying to pick a fight here, but can any of you Mac-o-philes submit a "top ten" list of actions/functions that are easier to accomplish on a Mac vs PC?  

1 - 10: Brushstrokes

This article explains it far better than I could. It's a bit dated, but I challenge you to read it in it's entirety for a pretty good explanation.

http://www.applematters.com/article/mac_v_windows_no_real_difference/

Yes, it is from an Apple-oriented site, so you can pretty much anticipate what the result will be, but I think that article sums it up pretty much the way most Win to Mac switchers feel. It is extremely rare for a Win to Mac switcher to go back to Win.

I could without a doubt spend an hour typing out a list of 10 features that are simpler in the Mac environment than Windows, but you could no doubt spend an hour typing up a list of 10 things that Windows excels over Mac at - and we'd end up in a draw. It's a multitude of little things that Mac does better that puts it out in front of Windows in terms of ease-of-use. Add to the fact that since the beginning, Windows has pretty much copied the Mac, usually remaining 1-2 generations behind in new features (with some exceptions, of course) and that tells me who is really out in front. That is the very thing that piqued my curiosity about Mac in the first place.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)