AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cole the cornstar crapped the bed....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

hinfarm
Posted 12/5/2021 09:54 (#9359438 - in reply to #9359163)
Subject: RE: Cole the cornstar crapped the bed....

Amherst WI
From the manufacturer standpoint I can understand why they get the demos to these guys. Way more exposer than just one guy getting to use it. If your jelly about not getting a demo than make your own Youtube channel and have a camera chase you all day and then spend countless hours editing it so 9 year old kids can watch you.

Usually when I demo something it stays here. I don't demo something very often either. This spring I wanted to demo a round baler, I warned the local dealers that I wanted a demo come first crop. The one didn't have one at the time. The other place that has three different brands wouldn't demo me one unless I signed a purchase order before it left the yard, and if I didn't like it, I could pay so much per bale for the 10-15 bales I made and send it back. Screw that, I wanted to try a few to make sure I liked what I was going to be buying. I wasn't trying to bale 200 acres for free I just wanted it for an afternoon. The same dealer will take self propelled choppers and articulate tractors to every local parade there is as a vehicle to throw candy from, but I can't get a demo of a $50,000 round baler without those restrictions. Apparently getting a tootsie roll from a T9.600 tractor will keep the dealers doors open more than real farmers buying stuff.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)