AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cole the cornstar crapped the bed....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jrditchdigger
Posted 12/5/2021 09:53 (#9359437 - in reply to #9359120)
Subject: RE: +1

Southern MN
Son has a channel. He makes a little money but he spends a lot of time, especially editing. When all said and done after expenses is probably making a low hourly wage. He did a few videos early on showing some problems that were going on with the farm and COVID, and I encouraged him, but quite honestly they turned me off a little also. Mainly because he wasn’t as well versed as he should have been in some of the issues that were going on to make a video about it. And trying to create a problem as clickbait was just a bad look. Am sure he will never make big money doing it, but for him it has been a great experience. Has bought him out of his shell, and seeing himself and how he comes across to other people has helped him immensely. He is in college and employers are contacting him because they have seen him and know he has skills they could use. Just had an experience a couple of weeks ago with some executives from a large company and the channel really helped him break the ice and and ended up visiting with them a long time. They have since contacted him about his channel and his career also. He has turned down offers that he doesn’t feel fit and has experimented with others he himself uses or believes in. Also it is “his” small business. Built and grown by him, not me or other family members. To me that is a big deal to help him grow, make his own decisions that have consequences to him personally, and want to make his own mark also. World is changing and our kids need to find a way to thrive in the world they will be living in. I don’t like a lot of this also but I don’t have to watch any of it if I don’t want to.

Cole I can’t stand, and this stunt is over the top for me. Told my son that if he pulled a stunt like that using our farm for his backdrop was over. But he already knew that because selling crap to people to help pay for school and sporting leagues throughout his primary education always turned me off. Always though they should work and pay their own money if they wanted to play in a football league, take a school trip or whatever. Went to see Larson farms about a tractor they had for sale. They were really great people, ended up visiting for a couple hours and they are they seem to be the real deal. After talking to them I think Doug and his brother paid their dues to get where they are at. Chet seems very genuine also.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)