AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone get a hip replacement?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Haoleguy
Posted 12/1/2021 17:52 (#9353558 - in reply to #9350065)
Subject: RE: Anyone get a hip replacement?

Had my left hip done in 2018(age = 65 yrs) as the pain was unbearable. Had to wait until after the growing and harvest season was over so it was done in December 2018. By the summer of 2019 I was going real good but would say my balance was not 100%. The 2019 and 2020 growing & harvest season went smoothly. Decided to get my right hip done in the "offseason" in Dec 2020(age = 67 yrs) if the hospital had capacity to do the operation in light of Covid patient capacity. Following that operation my rehab has taken longer because Covid-19 restrictions last winter shut down a lot of places I would go for exercise. That said I've been able to function very well through the 2021 growing and harvest season. What I'm noticing right now after ~12 months after the right hip is that my full rehab is slower than before. My balance up and down stairs sort of sucks and carrying any weight object is almost impossible on stairs. Carrying weight on flat surfaces is also less than before. I'm expecting increasing positive trends on recovery this coming winter. Both of my replacements are the uncemented titanium stem and ball with I believe a ceramic cup.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)