AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Jesus
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

happycatcher
Posted 12/1/2021 05:43 (#9352466 - in reply to #9351974)
Subject: RE: Jesus

Wayne A - 11/30/2021 19:55

happycatcher - 11/30/2021 18:17

I don't believe the "final destination" of non believers is to burn in hell forever. If you truly study scripture and the culture back then, you will see that that is not what people believed. This is a concept that originated fairly recently in Christianity.

I agree about an eternal hell. To burn in the Lake of Fire eternally, a person would have to have some kind of eternal life. The wicked do not have eternal life. Only God and those who are in Him and those who are judged to life .
The wicked go to hell when they die. Hell is the jail for them until their trial...the Great White Throne Judgment. I believe the wicked "go into everlasting destruction." ... not everlasting destructing.

In earlier Christianity, it was believed that people who did not go to Heaven were just destroyed. Beliefs in Christianity have evolved tremendously since the beginning of Christianity. The book, "Dante's Inferno" is where a lot of beliefs about hell today came from.

Also, hell is basically separation from God. When we are in tune with the great Source that is God, we are loving, kind, compassionate, happy, and care for others. When we are not in that connection with God, we are angry, bitter, unhappy, self destructive, lack compassion, and are more focused on our own suffering to be of much help to anyone. It is a very miserable existence. So in that way, hell can also occur while we are alive on Earth. Anyone who has experienced the connection with God but then lost that connection understands just how much it hurts to be without that connection. It is pure agony.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)