AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Jesus
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

schmid
Posted 11/30/2021 10:07 (#9351020 - in reply to #9350918)
Subject: RE: Jesus

ECIL
happycatcher - 11/30/2021 09:09

sparkiefarmer - 11/30/2021 05:29

I'm sorry that everyone is jumping down your throat over this. I've come to the sad realization that you can't have a theological discussion on this site, everyone just goes insane for some reason. This is a big problem with religion and why a lot of young people are going away from it. Doesnt seem to be any room to discuss how things came into our belief structure. Some of the most interesting conversations I've ever had have been with a devout christian salesman who is 'worried for my soul'. (I work on Sundays). We have great chats, each of us explaining why we believe what we do. There's never any animosity, although i'm fairly sure we both know we arent going to change the others beliefs, we have great discussions.
I've often thought it is hilarious how Jesus is pictured.... I believe he looked a lot more like Osama and a lot less like Ryan Gosling haha. I would like to know how and when the stereo type Jesus portrayal got started.

One of my favorite things to discuss is religion and theology. I don't like it when Christians preach the whole hell fire and brimstone thing so I stay away from that. But I have friends from so many different religions and cultures and we spend many hours discussing theology. I believe Jesus became "white washed" because as Christianity spread to Europe, people wanted him to look like them. And the image just kind of stook.

???? You can't have the loving Christ without a mention of the final destination of unbelievers. We don't get to pick and choose the parts of Scripture we want and don't want. It comes to us in it's complete form and we take all or none.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)