AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Jesus
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

happycatcher
Posted 11/30/2021 08:59 (#9350895 - in reply to #9350539)
Subject: RE: Jesus

WestMIguy - 11/30/2021 05:04

I think you are right. The long haired hippie Jesus is I think the most damaging misrepresentation of all. Jesus is not a good luck charm to affirm your every whim. When he returns he will be riding a war horse and he will come back to deal with evil in this world once and for all. Revelation 14 says when he does finally deal with the evil of this world once and for all, the blood will flow as deep as a horses bridal. When we think about Jesus, we should see his awesome power and strength. As a result we should stop with the American notion that we can manipulate him to be on our side. We should instead be asking ourselves, are we on his side?

This reminds me of when I was a child, if I heard a loud airplane or something, I thought it was Jesus coming back. And I'd run outside to wait for him to come get me.

When I was 3, there was a dead bird in the front yard. I sat next to it because I was sad that it was dead. My grandma said, "it's okay, Jesus will come get the bird and take it to Heaven. I was very eexcited. I thought I would be meeting Jesus that day. I sat on the front porch for a long time waiting for Jesus to come. Grandma finally came out and asked what I was doing. I said, "I am waiting for Jesus to come get the bird. I want to see him." She hugged me and did her best to explain what she had meant by that.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)