AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Jesus
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

happycatcher
Posted 11/29/2021 18:04 (#9349731 - in reply to #9349723)
Subject: RE: Jesus

ohiohorsewoman - 11/29/2021 17:59

happycatcher - 11/29/2021 17:26

I love that you brought this up. I remembered this verse but could not find it. Jesus was not an attractive man. You are right, if he had been physically attractive, it would have diminished his spirituality. I believe he looked like a regular working man with no outstanding physical characteristics. Had he been attractive, people would have been distracted by that and not listening to the message. Jesus had to blend in with regular man. It made him relatable and we heard what he was saying instead of pining over his good looks.

I think it's more than that. I don't think we consider enough the spiritual battle that is being waged for---our---souls. Satan has to be very powerful to have challenged the God of the universe. Our eternal salvation rested on a being that was part man and part God. No one need look any further than scripture relating how Satan tempted Christ in the desert. If Jesus was temptable, he was corruptible. Had he succumbed to temptation, well, the story would be very different. But because God allows us free choice, we can choose, or refuse, salvation.

If anyone wants to imagine what Christ looked like, imagine Him badly beaten, bloodied, nailed to a rough-hewn cross, sweating blood, nails piercing his hands and feet, writhing in agony as He struggled to lift himself high enough to suck in a breath, yet, saying not a word, not crying out. Showing compassion--even as he hung virtually naked before his earthly friends and mother---to a thief on the cross, mocked by Roman soldiers. The King of the world who will---one day---call us unto himself. 

If you, or anyone, wants to picture Jesus, picture him like that. 

Yes, I see what you mean. But still, in children's books, paintings, pretty much every depiction we see of him today shows him as a white man with blue eyes. I wonder if we should start portraying him in these visuals with a more accurate description of what he looked like? These visuals go against what is said in scripture. Scripture does give us some insight as to how he looked but we don't follow that when we create images of Jesus.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)