AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So if you would bring a gun to a riot for protection
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

happycatcher
Posted 11/23/2021 19:03 (#9337396 - in reply to #9337168)
Subject: RE:first question should be

I think the issue is bigger than the poor lifestyles these men chose to lead. Bigger than the mistakes they have made. The child rapist I have no pity for. I have words for him that would get me kicked off this forum. The one who has domestic violence charges, I don't condone domestic violence whatsoever. As a survivor of domestic violence, I know the horror of being the victim to that. Because of that and what the pedophile did, I'm actually in school now to be a trauma therapist. But we don't know the full story. How long ago was this? Who did he hurt and how? Did he do it repeatedly? What exactly happened? Was he under the influence and not a violent person when sober? How long did be spend incarcerated for it? Was he actively seeking recovery in his personal life? As for the burlary charge, I will tell you this: I am very involved in the recovery community. I'm actually the founder and president of my university's Center for Students in Recovery. I will not bore you with all of the details of all the work I've done with that, but it is extensive. I have met hundreds of people in recovery from substance abuse and poor lifestyles0. Many of them have been sober 30, 40, 50 years. They are some of the absolutely best, honest, kindest people I have ever met. And some of them had burlary charges from when they were in active addiction. None of them deserve to have been killed and it is a very good thing they lived because society is so much better with them in it. We don't know if the man with the burlary charge could have been like these men I just described, had he gotten some help. People do recover. People do change. Even my 4 year old's father, who was once addicted to meth and abusive to me is living a clean and sober life and found religion. At one time, he would have been considered, by your standards, deserving of death. He did drugs, he stole, he hurt me. And now he is an amazing father to our daughter, a good friend to others, a good man, a good friend to me. He had a lot of trauma he had to work through. The 12 steps of recovery have given him and millions of other men and women a tremendous amount of healing, recovery, and spiritual awakening that have completely changed them for the better. So, we should not be able to say who is and who is not deserving of death based on things like that. We never know what someone can become and it isn't our job to destroy them before they've had a chance to recover their souls and lead honest and good lives.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)