AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So if you would bring a gun to a riot for protection
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jtpfarm
Posted 11/21/2021 17:24 (#9333371 - in reply to #9333232)
Subject: RE:first question should be

mn
OntarioCanuck - 11/21/2021 16:19

So would you take one hunting?

If not then what use is it except to kill people?

And I am sure you do not need one like that to shoot at targets either

I posted 2 pictures of guns and asked if you could tell me the functional difference. Both are used heavily for hunting are here. Coyotes, fox, raccoon, and so on. In fact, the AR is probably used at least 10:1 vs wood stock rifles. Mostly because of their durability and simplicity.

Both are .223, both are magazine fed, both are simi automatic. What makes one more deadly and only for killing people?

The AR is just a platform. It comes in everything from a bb gun to a shotgun. You can buy a Ruger 10/22 and buy an AR kit for it. The firing mechanism, trigger, and barrel are all used with the kit. The result is simply a different look and the ability to add accessories more easily. Literally the exact same gun with a different look.

The problem with the AR debate is the same as the problem of the information on this trial. The media has skewed it. The media has people convinced that an AR has some sort of extra killing powers that a wood stock rifle doesn't. They push the narrative that they are scary and dangerous because of their looks. The media (and even some "doctors") have even claimed a .223 out of an AR does more damage to the human body than a .223 out of any other rifle. That's simply not true or logical. But they play on the public's lack of knowledge.

The most dangerous thing in this country right now is the media.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)