AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So if you would bring a gun to a riot for protection
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

sand85
Posted 11/21/2021 16:27 (#9333250 - in reply to #9332639)
Subject: RE: No winners from this

C IL

In the USA a jury ruled under our legal system it wasn’t vigilante justice.  It was self-defense and the jury ruled the kid was not guilty and with said ruling, under our system, justice was properly done.  I didn’t see as much info on the first guy and attack but the second attack was a textbook example of self-defense in a situation where emotions were running high.

Most reasonable people I know agree it was self-defense and agree it it was not at all great situation for a minor to join. I agree that there are no winners, only sad mothers and individuals who have to deal with loss and physical and emotional wounds.  

Lots of people did things wrong - protestors who crossed the line into rioters, politicians and civic administrators and police leadership who did not keep order, folks breaking a curfew (protestors, rioters, and counter-protestors), a willing kid who ended up over his head, probably the straw man purchaser of Rittenhouse’s AR, the friends and maybe medical caregivers of the unfortunately mentally ill man, those protestors who lost their rational mind to emotion and attacked, the counter-protestors who watched a kid over his head get separated from the group.  And on and on.  All those things had to go wrong in order for this chain to reach its last link.  It seems irrational to dump the entirety of the situation on one person at the end of the chain.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)