AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

any advice for mixed households? (pc and mac)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

McCartman
Posted 11/18/2009 21:28 (#929476 - in reply to #928951)
Subject: RE: On reliability......

Highplainsnotillr - 11/18/2009 11:48   I seem to remember Eric was a fairly happy PC owner and a bit skeptical of the Macs the first time he posted a question about owning a Mac.

You are 100% correct on that. I was skeptical, but also curious. I'd read different things for years about how the Mac OS was better and always wondered about it. I decided to give it a try and now could kick meself for waiting so long to make the switch.

I would encourage anyone in the same boat to do what I did - find a good used Mac on ebay or Craigslist and give it a try. Keep your PC just in case. Just be sure to give the Mac a fair chance. By that I mean don't give up on it after only an hour or even a day - give it a few weeks of steady use. If, at that point, you just cannot tolerate it or feel more comfortable with the PC, sell the Mac and stay with Windows. There is plenty of free software available on the net to do just about anything you used to do in Windows - wouldn't cost you a penny extra to give it a try. A used Mac Mini would be a great choice - you can use your old keyboard, monitor, and mouse and get into the Mac experience for less than $500. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)