AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 750 Grain Drill Update Kits
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Where Can I find?????Message format

dondozer
Posted 10/28/2021 11:04 (#9291672 - in reply to #9289908)
Subject: RE: JD 750 Grain Drill Update Kits

NW Ohio,near Findlay
FarmerBorn, I reread you post as to question about the hydraulic clutch shut off. Neighbor has one and it works nice. Very simple, just hooks into lift system, I never looked at it, but was told that. Small cylinder is attached near clutch and cylinder moves first before drill comes out of ground. Not as much pressure needed to activate clutch is the way it works. On the opposite direction going down, I believe the weight of the drill will drop first, then the seed clutch is engaged, which would be perfect. We may get this done for beans next year.
The way it is now is just OK, but seems to waste a lot of seed by not shutting off quick enough, then on the drop, seed will be in the tube and make a real thick spot and some times not quick enough and leave a gap. I believe the hydraulic shut off once you get use to it would be better. If interested I want to look at our neighbors drill, see what all is evolved to install it, and see where and who he bought it from, could send you pictures.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)