AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insurance and damaged beans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

lorenk
Posted 11/4/2009 10:11 (#913167 - in reply to #910702)
Subject: RE: Insurance and damaged beans

Grand Rapids, MI
Yes, the YA option can be added for the 2010 crop year or beyond (before production reporting date)

I am sorry that you see my post as an advertisement, it was not meant that way. I think it had helpful information both directly responsive to the original posters question, and also following up an the comments about the APH.

With the YA option, I have reviewed several cases where the YA option would have made a difference in a claim, but it was not elected by the production reporting date, so the farmer loses $ on their claim. This is why I suggest that there is no reason not to put it on every policy where it is available at no cost. I would advise all producers, if they don't see it on their policies for 2010 to ask their agent if it could help them.

There have been over 6,000 views for this thread, and I assume many of those viewers have crop insurance. In all likelihood I will get 0 new business from this thread. On the other hand, there may very well be some producers who next year ask their agent whether they should have the YA option and end up with more $ in their pocket.

I don't apologize for helping farmers here make more money, that's just the way I see it. If others think I have crossed the line, I would encourage you to send an e-mail so to not derail this thread, and I will thoughtfully reconsider.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)