AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Exciting new soybean inoculant
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

usafarmer
Posted 11/1/2009 10:22 (#909430 - in reply to #908986)
Subject: Re: Exciting new soybean inoculant

Newfane NY
I did a little test on some seed treatment for the cabbage seedbed. repeated 8 times in two differant seedbeds.........gave me 20% more usable plants......ie.....much better germination in our cold wet spring. I put $5 worth of stuff per unit of seed and got back $200 worth more plants.........it will go on all seedbeds next year........much better than T-22 imo.

Looking back over then last 40 years of growing cabbage I see one constant.......change comes ervery few years. Example....packing cabbage in bags....buyers say they want wax cartons.....OK so you pack in wax cartons.......now some want plastic returnable boxes......OK so we pack in them.

Using ice on non reefer trailers......then using ice on the early reefer trailers.......then to no ice.......then to us putting in pre coolers......

Using local labor....then to crew leaders.........then to H2a workers....

Maybe a veggie farmer is wired differant about change. As I am amazed at how much people here are against change or even looking at doing something differant. I am always thinking how to make the farm more money....sometimes my ideas work and sometimes they cost me money.....but I am always thinking.

Ed, I can look around and over the years see the farmers that did not change......their land is now farmed by someone who changes as the "market reqired."

John
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)