AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ed Winkle.......starter fert question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

soil-life
Posted 11/1/2009 08:40 (#909266 - in reply to #909249)
Subject: Re: Ed Winkle.......starter fert question

North Central Ohio, across the Corn belt !
Greywolf - 11/1/2009 08:29

You will Make a farm operation MORE $$$ by what You do NOT apply that what you do apply.

THAT is the key for both of our approaches. I started in the business 30 yrs ago so you have a couple on me.

We can both come up with data and research to support both of our theories till we both have dirt thrown over our faces.

I didn't mean to push your button that hard this morning..... I apologize. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you and vice versa.

I'm going to assume (since I have no clue where you are) you are close to Ed. That's about 350 miles further south with a completely different climate to produce in that what I am in and have my experience.

Just like tillage vs no till, some places net profit is higher one way....other places it's higher the other way.

Hope you get the dry weather down that way we will enjoy up here this coming week.

Enjoy your Sunday

Hehehe, greywolf, I know exactly where you are and I enjoy your dialog. I am as far North in Ohio as Ed is far South !!!

I also know that you are on some VERY tough soil and have VERY Poor natural drainage.

I have spent allot of time with Del Glanzer and the Anez Brothers in Min and South Dakota over the past 30 plus years so I get to see it all ! almost ???? Stan Schaff in Iowa has also given me many a tour !!! Each and all a learning experience
then Kinsey and Wess McOwen and the work they have done over the years along with Bob Boehle, Ill. Now retired.

and each with a different area and story of History !!! as you have Grey Wolf !!! We have sun and 38 this fine AM.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)