AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

More Micronutrient ??'s & Ideas
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Nick M
Posted 10/31/2009 18:01 (#908461)
Subject: More Micronutrient ??'s & Ideas

Southeast Wisconsin
After reading the post below about dry micronutrients it got me thinking about how to apply the dry without making another pass in the field.

We have 1500 acres that rotates corn to soybeans to wheat. Our corn planter is set-up for liquid fertilizer on seed and 2x2. We will most likely be applying a pop-up with micronutrients. But that doesn't fix the problem of building the soil. Has anyone ever put a micronutrient mix in the grass seed attachment when they planted wheat?? Our wheat is already planted but planning for next year we tossed around the idea of mixing 50 to 75 lbs of MAP with our wheat seed. Would the micros be better stuck on the MAP?? But there again we are talking a small amount of total product. Would you keep the grass tubes in or would you let them hang and lay the nutrients on top of the soil?

An agronomist was at the farm earlier this week talking about their company products. He said that you can't build copper levels in the soil. Is this true?? I guess that if it is true how come my soil test show a number bigger than zero. Current levels are on average 0.8 ppm.

Here is a micronutrient soil test from Midwest Labs
Zn - 2.2 ppm
Mn - 10 ppm
Fe - 68 ppm
Cu - 0.8 ppm
B - 0.5 ppm

How much of the dry micronutrients would you use to build the levels up? It doesn't need to be built in one year either. I don't think we could afford that.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)