AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn yields and yield predictions from earlier this summer.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

soil-life
Posted 10/31/2009 16:31 (#908385 - in reply to #908050)
Subject: Re: Corn yields and yield predictions from earlier this summer.

North Central Ohio, across the Corn belt !
Case IH farmer - 10/31/2009 11:10

All of the field averages I have mentioned were across the scales. Not to mention my yield monitor has been within 0-2% on almost every field I have harvested. Yield monitors are VERY accurate if calibrated.

I am not sure why people are surprised with the yields. It never got hot this summer which is good for the corn and it rained all year long. Cool temps+lots of rain=high corn yields.

The fields are exactly like I said they would be all year long. The higher areas and rolling/sloping areas would be unreal and the low spots would be about average. Only thing is the low areas are even a little better than I thought they would be.

I agree with you Case IH farmer, we are seeing the same corn yields across the scales in North central Ohio. and it does not seem to matter what kind of corn it is. It is ALL Very Good !!!

I will post the total field yields again when the corn is off and SOLD across the scales. So far only 1 field under 200 Bu.P/A dry across the scales, came in at 198 dry on a 168 acre field.

The best Soybeans were NK. and Pioneer with 2,500 acres sold across the scales at 62.3 Bu, per acre so far

Ideal weather over all this year, Challenging ! But Ideal overall !!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)