AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

HbA1c
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 6/13/2021 10:12 (#9056480 - in reply to #9056462)
Subject: arthritis

Pittsburg, Kansas
I don't have any specific studies I can think of off hand. Just doctors that have found it to be true in clinical practice.

I found diet to be extremely important for controlling my arthritis. I would not say I had it bad, but did have aches and pains in joints. A little finger joint that if I accidentally bumped it on the joint it would about bring me to tears (could have been gout instead of arthritis???). Two knee joints that were giving me trouble, hurting most of the time, and getting close to affecting what I could do physically. Back problems but that is more associated with pinched nerve but I suspect some arthritis is also involved in the damaged joint where there is no longer any cushion left.

All that arthritis problem went away when wife and I went low carb/keto about three and a half years ago. Weight loss helped no doubt, but the pain started going away within a couple weeks and was gone in my knees in a month. Have only had one small bout with a little pain in one knee that lasted about a week since then.

For me, I'm convinced diet was a big contributor of inflammation and it is the inflammation that causes the degradation in the joints. Once the inflammation is gone, joints can start to produce the cartillege needed to repair themselves. Our joints wear all the time and new material is produced all the time to replace the wear. With excessive inflammation the joint can no longer repair itself. Too much sugar (carbohydrates are just strings of sugar molecules, so also too much carbohydrates) causes inflammation. That is the way I understand it anyway.

Different people have different levels of "carbohydrate tolerance". Young people tent to tolerate more than older. I being diabetic have very low tolerance to carbs. Too many carbs and my blood glucose levels rise. High blood glucose levels, either chronic or spikes" cause inflammation throughout the circulatory system and associated organs and joints. Heart, blood vessels, kidneys, liver, joints, etc.

https://m.youtube.com/results?sp=mAEA&search_query=dr+ken+berry+arth...

Edited by John Burns 6/13/2021 10:18
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)