AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Electric vehicles and road tax
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

pigfarmer82
Posted 5/29/2021 12:51 (#9031682 - in reply to #9030125)
Subject: RE: Electric vehicles and road tax

north central Ohio
clevepreach - 5/28/2021 16:36

Guess I didn’t word that very well. What I meant was that the less fuel efficient vehicle cost more for the miles that are driven. However, if everyone paid based on the number of miles driven “the poor” would pay less than they currently do due to less miles driven.

I’m not saying that my idea is a perfect solution but I do think there must be a better way than what’s in effect now. Why should a 15 year old vehicle that gets 20 mpg pay more in road use taxes than a brand new vehicle that gets 40 mpg and is driven 50% more miles?

Edit to add: Perhaps the best solution would be to eliminate all taxes except the income tax and simplify the form. “How money did you make last year? Send in 10%. No deductions. No writeoffs. No brackets. Just total up your income and send Uncle Sam 10%.

The wealthy around here drive king ranch and large suburbans. They can afford these big nice heavy vehicles that get poor mileage. Most hybrid vehicles are more reasonably priced. I don’t think you train of thought is correct.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)