AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deutsch connectors and pins
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 4/14/2021 13:39 (#8951221)
Subject: Deutsch connectors and pins

Awhile back I went through the Waytek site and assembled about everything I could find for AT and ATM connectors. This would be the Amphenol equivalent of DT and DTM I believe.

As I'm putting everything into organizers I am finding that I am either short some pins, or I'm finding that I don't understand the system yet.

To me it looks like DT/AT is for up to 13 amps.

DTM/ATM is up to 7.5 amps.

DTP/ATP (which I have not yet stocked up on) is 25 amps I think.

Previous posts on NAT have suggested using the closed barrel pins. I bought a closed barrel crimper and I bought some of all of the pins that I could find. As I was looking through the pins I was seeing that the wire size was listed so I foolishly just went by wire size and I pretty much ignored everything else in the description. After all, if it's in the AT section, the pins should be for AT connectors right? Wrong.

When they showed up and I started looking at them I realized I had ended up with:

1. 22-20 gauge ATM closed barrel pins
2. 16-20 gauge AHD closed barrel pins
3. 14-12 gauge ATP closed barrel pins

All of these were purchased by being in either the AT or the ATM sections of the Waytek site. I called them and asked and they said you really need to go down into the description and click on "view catalog page" to understand what you are ordering in pins. Then you can type in the part number from the catalog page and order what you need. This is how I discovered that I had accidentally ordered some AHD and ATP pins.

So now I'm working on getting the correct AT and ATM closed barrel pins and it appears they only have one wire size for each of those pins:

1. 20-16 gauge male and female closed barrel pins for AT connections (they do offer 18-16 as well as 16-14 in open barrel)
2. 22-20 gauge ATM closed barrel male and female pins (like I already got) (they do offer a 16-22 gauge male and female pin in open barrel)

That seems like not a lot of choices in wire sizes. Are there more choices from places other than Waytek or is this just the way it is?

Is closed barrel really that great? Looks like open barrel will give me more wire size options. Maybe I just need a good crimper for the open barrel connectors. What is a really good crimper for that style? I do not like the $30 universal staged crimper that has A through E on the sizes (I have two of them and I am not a fan).

Thanks

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)